Monday, January 7, 2008

In From the Fog

Happy New Year!! I know, I know, everybody says that, but...

Since my last post, I've celebrated X-mas Eve (the big day in my family), X-mas, my lady's b-day, New Year's Eve, and New Years Day. (Hey, only two more weeks to the next holiday!) Needless to say, I've had enough "joy" and "wishes" to last me until April. So, back at it...

As I endured the forty-minute drive home from my mother's house tonight—in a dense, metro-wide fog befitting of a Stephen King setting—I came to a conclusion: Just to thank everyone that dared to read my meaningless blog in 2007, I'm going to offer you a FREE read of Chapter 5 from my Bee Balms & Burgundy audiobook! (The audiobook is currently in production.) You can find them here.

Other than that, I've included in this post a wonderful entry from the Stupid Quotes vault, and a raw recipe designed to keep you warm on these frigid January evenings. Enjoy!

Quote:

"Could you play some Picasso?"
- Former NBA and Philippine Basketball Association forward Chris Morris to a piano player in a hotel bar.


Raw Recipe

(I recently came up with this. Let me know what you think.)

"Southwestern Turtle Salad"

You need a large bowl. (I've geared these specific instructions for what amounts to roughly a pint.)

Mix/toss the following:

• One cup soaked raw Black Turtle Beans
• 1/2 cup diced Red Tomatoes (make sure you get all the juice in here as well)
• 1/3 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
• 1/3 cup diced Banana Pepper
• One teaspoon shredded Cilantro
• Pinch of Cayenne Pepper

Toss/stir well, chill a bit, then serve.

Have a great week.

Peace & Luv

NP

###

If you enjoy strong-but-feminine women, sexy love stories, hot romance stories, romantic fiction, romance novels, sensual fiction, women's fiction, sentimental fiction, great novellas, award-winning fiction, Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts, or Richard Paul Evans, you can read a sample of Nelson's Bronte Prize-winning novella, Bee Balms & Burgundy, right now for free HERE. (See for yourself why it beat out Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts, and Richard Paul Evans, among others, for the title of "North America's Best Love Story of the Year." [Bronte Prize results are HERE.])